Is Cutting Cable viable with my budget?

Zehel

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
Looking to cut cable if i can maintain streaming services for about $55 per month. This would be the cost of my cable so in order for this to be worth it, I would have to stay in this strict budget of $55 monthly.

We already have Netflix, so that will $8 per month already removed from the $55. We already have Amazon Prime but that wont be included in the $55 (as we need that for amazon shipping irregardless). Other then that we are looking for News, Sports (Soccer and Basketball mainly) and HGTV, TLC and Food Network.

Can someone provide a plan we can take that would be $55 a month and encompass all our families needs? Thanks in advance.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
The one thing I discovered with that plan is that I would miss sports. Sports streaming services only cover out of market areas currently so you can't watch local teams. If you just want to go the streaming route Netflix, iTunes, Hulu, etc are always the way to go but even then there's so much content that it's hard to keep up.

Zehel

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014

Sling TV with the sports package looks really good for $25 a month. It has ESPN/ESPN 2, works on Roku and has local sports as well. The big detractor is the fact that its only single use on one tv, using it on multiple tv's wont work. Thats a big detractor for the cost. I have to play rock paper scissors to decide who gets to watch what on Sling.