Is Growing LTE Availability an Increasing Security Threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
A better translation:

"We at AdaptiveMobile are having a hard time coming up with meaningful marketing material and suitable reasons for press releases. We also have no advertising budget. So we released this article to try to scare you into thinking that you need our product on your new fancy device."

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
[citation][nom]TeraMedia[/nom]A better translation:"We at AdaptiveMobile are having a hard time coming up with meaningful marketing material and suitable reasons for press releases. We also have no advertising budget. So we released this article to try to scare you into thinking that you need our product on your new fancy device."[/citation]
I disagree with TeraMedia on that i agree with the article that security is harder on the newer mobile devices for the same reason as the article said even though it is not news that viruses and malware are on mobile devices even though they only have like a small amount of RAM to hide in compared to a laptop and/or a desktop.
The article could be dumbed down to " The newer mobile device speeds are such that viruses and malware spreads faster thus we suggest you buy the mobile device with our security model on it." as that entire article said only that little.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
so how does speed affect security?...i am a little lost here....my computer and internet is faster when compared to other computers, does this mean that i have more viruses?...i think not

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]so how does speed affect security?...i am a little lost here....my computer and internet is faster when compared to other computers, does this mean that i have more viruses?...i think not[/citation]
To repond to this post speed doesn't affect security in a direct way but the faster speed made it more attractive to send spam and malicious traffic as the cost of doing so is less. Other then that the security aspect of mobile devices is the same as before with the slower speeds just now more people are trying to do this in their proposed theory anyways.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
News Flash! We just realized that the faster we make hardware the faster malware infects the software. It is recommended that we keep our Intel 8088 processors handy in order to slow down the infection rate. Spam does not cost more to send to slower or faster devices, thus this gives the user ample time to pray.

G

Speed and power matters because why bother to write a botnet for a bunch of flipphones that run at analog cellular phone frequencies? Waste of time, effort, money.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
being in a country with 95% 4G coverage since some years ago I can honestly say that this article is a piece of crap and that there's no security threat increase whatsoever compared to for example, 3G.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]so how does speed affect security?...i am a little lost here....my computer and internet is faster when compared to other computers, does this mean that i have more viruses?...i think not[/citation]
Just means that you will download it faster...lol

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]Just means that you will download it faster...lol[/citation]
not really...it means that my security software will find the virus faster, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.