Solved! Is it bad if i dont turn my phones screen for about 3-4 hours?

Nov 8, 2020
Is it bad if i dont turn my phones screen for about 3-4 hours? I want to use my phone as a Sim Dashboard, and I don't know if I use it for about 3 hours will I damage it somehow? Like the battery, screen or something else? It's a expensive phone and I don't want to damage it, it's my main phone.

Solution
Is it bad if i dont turn my phones screen for about 3-4 hours? I want to use my phone as a Sim Dashboard, and I don't know if I use it for about 3 hours will I damage it somehow? Like the battery, screen or something else? It's a expensive phone and I don't want to damage it, it's my main phone.
If your phone has an OLED panel, than keeping screen on for several hours on the same application at higher brightness has potential risk of screen burn.

Senbonzakuramiku

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
if it is an expensive phone then it should be created from high quality materials. the battery and screen do not get damaged that way, we had an android phone at our home that we would use it as router for pc. it was a low end phone. because of some wierd reasons, we kept it's screen on for as long as it is connected to pc ( more than 10 hours usually), every day for years. it's screen is still like the first day (although the battery is dead because it was all the time plugged in and mobile data internet connection on (tethering).

sometimes my brother would fall asleep while reading with his phone, and his display sleep timeout was set to never, and it would stay turned on from night to tomorrow.

Also the battery is more sensitive if something wants to happen. as long as the battery is not above 80 and below 20, and not plugged in while screen on, nothing will happen.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020
if it is an expensive phone then it should be created from high quality materials. the battery and screen do not get damaged that way, we had an android phone at our home that we would use it as router for pc. it was a low end phone. because of some wierd reasons, we kept it's screen on for as long as it is connected to pc ( more than 10 hours usually), every day for years. it's screen is still like the first day (although the battery is dead because it was all the time plugged in and mobile data internet connection on (tethering).

sometimes my brother would fall asleep while reading with his phone, and his display sleep timeout was set to never, and it would stay turned on from night to tomorrow.

Also the battery is more sensitive if something wants to happen. as long as the battery is not above 80 and below 20, and not plugged in while screen on, nothing will happen.

Thanks for the reply

james.m

Prominent
Sep 26, 2020
If your phone has an OLED panel, than keeping screen on for several hours on the same application at higher brightness has potential risk of screen burn.

Solution