Is it possible for someone to look at my combofix log?

Viji67

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
My computer was behaving strangely. Whenever I scrolled the mouse on a site or for a search, I would be redirected to some other site usually shopping advertisement sites or a request by google to add an extension via something like removed by Moderator . As per the guidance in tom'sHARDWARE, I installed Malwarebytes in safemode with networking. The threats were quarantined but my regular antivirus, Net Protector from removed by Moderator started projecting all Malwarebytes files as malware/virus. This is really irritating. My problem seemed to disappear for sometime. There would be an attempt to redirect via removed by Moderator , but it would not go through. But the attempt itself should not happen, right ?
So I went to the next step and installed and ran combofix. BUt the original problem has started all over again.
Here's my combofix log :
ComboFix 16-12-06.01 - hari 10/12/2016 22:10:35.1.2 - x86
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600.0.1252.1.1033.18.3326.1605 [GMT 5.5:30]
Running from: c:\users\hari\Downloads\ComboFix.exe
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Outdated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
* Created a new restore point
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
.Log removed by Moderator

Solution
I would recommend adding some utilities to Firefox. AdBlock Plus is good for pop-ups but suspicions are that they're taking money to let certain things get past. You might consider Ublock Origin and Ghostery. They block trackers who are selling your data for commercial reasons.
No-one will go near that and I'm going to remove it along with the links in the text of your post.

Get rid of Chrome completely and use a better browser; Firefox will do. Stop using torrents and also get rid of MyPC Backup.

You need to clean up to get rid of all those extensions and other rubbish. Go to www.atribune.org and download ATF Cleaner. Install and run it then delete everything it found. Go to www.piriform.com and download CCleaner. Scan with that and delete everything it finds. Run the Registry scan and do the same. Keep scanning until it shows a clean reading.

After doing all that, scan with MalwareBytes and send me a PM with the results. When I've cleaned it up, I'll put it up here.

Viji67

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

Thank you for your efforts Saga Lout and sorry if I have posted something atrocious.
I have just one problem with your solution. I am unable to use Malwarebytes, probably it is clashing with my antivirus. But I think I have found a solution. I have been free from the redirects for one whole day. I was able to download ADWCLEANER and CCleaner. I ran ADWCLEANER and CCleaner and everything is clean as of now. I will watch for some more time and let you know the results. Do I still need ATF Cleaner?

ATF is an efficient cleaner but if what you've used has made a difference, it will do for now. I think the main issue is Chrome, if only because of the number of extensions available to people who just want your search patterns to aim Spam at you.

You could reinstall it later but all the current hidden files in the AppDate folders of your own Username and of AllUsers need to be deleted. That way you could start afresh with Chrome if you like it that much.

Viji67

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

No my friend, I am done with Chrome. I am using Firefox now. I have also got rid of torrents and MyPC Backup.

I would recommend adding some utilities to Firefox. AdBlock Plus is good for pop-ups but suspicions are that they're taking money to let certain things get past. You might consider Ublock Origin and Ghostery. They block trackers who are selling your data for commercial reasons.

Solution

Viji67

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

Thank you Saga Lout for your dedication and concern. I have included these two utilities.