is it possible for Xfinity to Disble my android TV box?

dave219155

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
Cable company is also internet provider and I believe they are intentionally messing with my Android TV Box. 1st problems I had the wifi network wouldn't work but the Roku was working fine. Then it became necessary to change HDMI ports bcause one would stop working with the android but worked fine with the Roku. Then I tried a splitter it recognises the roku on every port but doesn't see the the android on any of them. i have had this box for 6 months and it has just started getting bad lately yesterday my kids were watching movies and forgot to turn on the VPN now today the Android will not work at all on this TV. But the Roku works as does my Xbox. Any suggestions?

Solution
I doubt your cable provider could mess with the Android box.
It's perfectly legal. It can even be built into your TV which makes it even less likely. No reason for them to like the Roku any more than the Android either.
Most Android boxes not well made so it's not a big surprise that you might have issues with one. Roku boxes are their own brand so they want them to be better made than an anonymous chinese manufacturer whose name you don't even know would.
I doubt your cable provider could mess with the Android box.
It's perfectly legal. It can even be built into your TV which makes it even less likely. No reason for them to like the Roku any more than the Android either.
Most Android boxes not well made so it's not a big surprise that you might have issues with one. Roku boxes are their own brand so they want them to be better made than an anonymous chinese manufacturer whose name you don't even know would.

Solution