Is It Possible To Replace The TN Panel In My Laptop With An IPS Panel?

Thanks for the reply, 'ninja. Yeah, cross-referenced until I was cross-eyed.

Unfortunately, any version of the Titan is beyond my means, LOL!

Maybe I'll just check now and then to see if they eventually become available. Not in any rush, nor have I definitely decided for sure anyway.

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Yeah, I had the same issue looking for one for my new-ish GT72, They just seem to be in either low supply, or low demand right now as all of the replacements are non IPS. I think some 17.3" Dell's were rocking a 40 pin IPS, the M6700/6800 maybe?, but not entirely sure how well that would work out. I wasn't trying to troll you with the Titan link, just thought it would take your mind off IPS, haha. Good luck either way, it's a cheap upgrade comparatively.

Speaking of, are you happy with your GT72?

P.S. The M6700 offered an IPS screen, but with a 50 pin connector.

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Yeah, I picked up the PRO-208 as an openbox for $1700 that I don't think was ever even turned on. Maybe just the box was opened? I couldn't pass it up for the price. My wife was happy because she got my GS60/860m out of it. It's nice (kicks a$$) obviously. I was looking at 970m gsync models originally to compare to my freesync monitor, but I figured the step up to 980m and I would try out an SSD RAID 0 or "Super RAID 3" (according to MSi), on MSi's warranty (dime) for the same price. It's mostly used mobile though and it's crazy instant, I have an i7/940m that I actually swapped to an IPS funny enough, that gets used more around the house. Mostly because it's a little lighter/cooler on the lap when not using a desktop.