Is it possible to use a Droid phone on T-Mobile?

TitaniumBars

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Hello,

I recently purchased a Droid 2 Global from a friend, after hearing it could be used on any GSM network, like T-Mobile. Unfortunately, Verizon refuses to give me the code unless I'm an active subscriber to their service, and I'm not. My friend switched over to AT&T, so I can't try to have him get the unlock code from Verizon, either, unfortunately.

What I'm wondering is, is there any other way to get the SIM unlock code? Or any way to flash or force the phone into not needing the code? I really hope I didn't just spend a fair amount of money on something I can't use. And to make matters worse, I've heard that Verizon actually carrier-blocks T-Mobile and AT&T in the US as well for -all- of their Droid phones, adding another issue. Does anyone know a workaround to get me to be able to use my D2G?

I appreciate any help in advance.

TitaniumBars

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
I've been messing around and it turns out I have 2.3.4, system version 4.5.629. The dreaded one. I'm in the process of using a root CD, and will attempt to find a ROM that has the GSM bands unlocked, but I don't know if one exists. I still gladly welcome any advice, as >90% of the threads I find are for previous system versions, so I'm kind of flying dark here.