Is it really fixable?

lsilvest

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
Trying to fix a laptop for a friend. He had given up on it and just gave it to me. It's an Acer Aspire 5750 using Windows 7. So, I just wanted to check it out to see if it was worth messing with. To try and alleviate some of the problems I had the system completely reinstalled. Now, it seems to run very well and video is working fine. Main problems are: battery needs replaced and keyboard has some glitches: the i and o buttons do not work and some of the action keys do not seem to work. I checked and can replace the battery and keyboard for about $30 which is very reasonable.

I would like an opinion as to whether this would be the perfect fix or if there may be other problems I should check for. Like, is it the keyboard causing the problem or maybe something in the system. Any help will be appreciated.
Larry

Solution
add t that 30 list a ssd and 4 gbs more of ram and you will get a nice cheap laptop

take the hard disk and put it into a external 2.5" case and convert it into a external usb hard disk

you have there a nice opportunity

also if it has the windows 7 license, you can move it to windows 10 if you wish, there is many ways to apply for the free windows 10 upgrade, even after almost a year the offering ended

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
add t that 30 list a ssd and 4 gbs more of ram and you will get a nice cheap laptop

take the hard disk and put it into a external 2.5" case and convert it into a external usb hard disk

you have there a nice opportunity

also if it has the windows 7 license, you can move it to windows 10 if you wish, there is many ways to apply for the free windows 10 upgrade, even after almost a year the offering ended

Solution