is it safe to overclock a laptop's graphics card?

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
I am using my Fujitsu LH530 Laptop for 4 years.. in the past i played great games like prototype, Darksiders, and other high level games... in my Approx.Total: 762MB graphics card (Dxdiag).. i could even play many high graphics games over my Graphics limit too...bt now if i try to play them i get problems like "32 drivers is not working properly" and sometimes my laptop auto-shutdowns. I can run the games bt they get so slow that i get bored playing them.. So i am thinking of overclocking my laptop's graphics card.. bt i am scared because i used this laptop for 4 years and only hardware problem i had was the cooling system...I only changed my Fan after 3 and years.. So i am not sure i should do this or not... I am thought of changing my graphics for a better one like 1GB or 2GB bt everybody say i won't get the desired performance..I can change it bt i have to place 762MB graphics card to replace the other one...They said i can upgrade my Ram.. I already have 2GB RAM so in the other slot(for better performance) i am said that, i only can use another 2GB ram in the other slot not 4GB ram.. If i update my ram and make it 4GB (in total) will i get a better gaming performance or should i overclock it?? I don't know since My laptop normally get's very hot..If i Overclock it, i can only imagine wt disaster would come... So i don't know wt to do... Plz help me wt should i do??? Is overclocking is the only answer or Increasing 2GB ram will do the trick??? My laptop is "core i3 CPU M 330 @2.13GHz 2.13GHz" Ram 2GB(1.86 Usable) and video card- Intel(R) HD Graphics Approx.Total Memory: 762MB... Plz plz plz if u can please help me wt should i can do to play Good games in my Laptop :(

Solution
Your graphics is built into your processor, you can't change it. Idf you wish to have a more powerful graphics card you will need to buy a new laptop with it already.

Your problem sounds like either your processor is overheating, drivers have corrupted, or your settings are way to high (the integrated graphics is not that powerful).

Reinstall the drivers, monitor your temperatures, reduce your setting as needed

popatim

Splendid
Your graphics is built into your processor, you can't change it. Idf you wish to have a more powerful graphics card you will need to buy a new laptop with it already.

Your problem sounds like either your processor is overheating, drivers have corrupted, or your settings are way to high (the integrated graphics is not that powerful).

Reinstall the drivers, monitor your temperatures, reduce your setting as needed

Solution

SUDEEP SARKER goku

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014

Thankx for the answer bt i already did it...I gave windows boot and downloaded Drivers from FUJITSU website..I also tried using Razor Game Booster and also gave my performance a boot by neglecting other effects bt even... even then it didn't work.. I can't even play "Naruto Shippuden Ninja strom 3 full blast" more 10-20 min. because it goes Auto-off..I also tried to use TuneUp Utilize software for registry problem...Bt even in "turbo mode" I can play it for 15-25 min then it goes Auto-off... I took it to a doctor and he said that it could be U r PC is not well cleaned.. so i tried it also...I opened the shaft and cleaned it...bt even then....The same result...can i use my RAM for Supporting the graphics somehow.... Plz help... i use External cooler since i bought this laptop..I don't even play once without it...even then :( I also face problems like that when playing "House of Dead 3" so i can't play games at all...I can only play monopoly or board games like chess and so on... Plz tell me can i use my RAM for Supporting the graphics somehow??? Then i will buy a 2GB ram and somehow make my pc Less hotter somehow :(