Is my choice right or wrong ?

Shubham_257

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
Recently I assembled a pc , I'm studing animation and also heavy gamer so my configuration is good enough or not ? can anybody please help me ? my pc config. is ci5 4690k 3.5 GHz , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2047MB , 8 GB corsair ram , 128 SSD , 1TB HDD. I usually use 3ds max , maya , realflow , vray , rayfire, adobe photoshop , premier , after effects.

Solution
I have a very similar spec PC.
It is good for gaming, providing I don't put the graphics settings too high
It is also fine for rendering 3D images using poser, and video editing using CyberLink powerdirector. An overclocked i7 would be 30-40% quicker on CPU intensive tasks, but most of the time when video editing my CPU is at idle waiting for me to decide what to do next......

If your models are really big, you might need to go to 16GB of RAM, but that is a really cheap and easy upgrade....

lodders

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
I have a very similar spec PC.
It is good for gaming, providing I don't put the graphics settings too high
It is also fine for rendering 3D images using poser, and video editing using CyberLink powerdirector. An overclocked i7 would be 30-40% quicker on CPU intensive tasks, but most of the time when video editing my CPU is at idle waiting for me to decide what to do next......

If your models are really big, you might need to go to 16GB of RAM, but that is a really cheap and easy upgrade....

Solution