Solved! Is my laptop's temp while gaming high?

supermariopetrov

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Hi, I was looking at my laptop's temperature and I noticed that it gets quite hot while I'm playing games. The temp is around 50-60C (around 55C) while I'm browsing the web and it can get up to 88, 90, 92 and 93 C while I'm playing Just Cause 3. Is the temp ok or should I be worried?

My Specs are:
-Intel Core i5-7300HQ 2.5GHz (up to 3.5 GHz)
-Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
-8GB DDR4
-128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

Solution

This is entirely normal. Nothing to worry.
Perfectly while gaming temp should not get above 90.
While getting over 99 or 100 CPU will slow down.
If you will ever be getting temps above 97- 100 it will be a time to exchange thermal paste and blow the CPU's fan.

If we talk about cooling fan, cooling fan will not reduce temp much. while CPU is fully loaded temp will drop by 1 maybe 5 degree if lucky. In my case it reduced temp by 2 degree so I do not use it.

Elevating laptop(lifting it from the...
Yeah, those temps are kinda high.

I recommend getting a laptop cooling pad... assuming the laptop has vents on the bottom of the laptop for air to be blown into the laptop. It is also a good idea to clean out the thermal paste and apply new thermal paste like MX-4. Though that means you need to take apart your laptop.

supermariopetrov

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017

So they are kinda high, but not nothing to really worry about or?

ficler1977

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013

This is entirely normal. Nothing to worry.
Perfectly while gaming temp should not get above 90.
While getting over 99 or 100 CPU will slow down.
If you will ever be getting temps above 97- 100 it will be a time to exchange thermal paste and blow the CPU's fan.

If we talk about cooling fan, cooling fan will not reduce temp much. while CPU is fully loaded temp will drop by 1 maybe 5 degree if lucky. In my case it reduced temp by 2 degree so I do not use it.

Elevating laptop(lifting it from the table) is what helps the most as it allows laptop vent holes to work as they should.
Below is example.
5920959d528289451d5ea4f5cd3ee4a2.jpg

Solution