Is my ZTE Warp Sequent dead or is it just my battery?

EXA132

Honorable
May 22, 2013
So I this phone that i really like and it was working great but it came to a day that rooted it and installed a different boot logo (correctly) but then i was messing around with root explorer and started deleting somethings and got it stuck with a boot loop so i went and reset the phone with Samsung's updater tool and then it started working like new again. Then a few days later i turned it off and put it to charge for a few hours and then i came back to turn it back on to game with it a little bit, but it didn't turn on. Then i scratched the gold contacts on the battery with a thumbtack because i was angry it didn't turn on. Maybe that would teach it not to mess with me. But here's something I've noticed, every time is take off the battery for a couple seconds then put it back in, the notification light goes on for less than a second. then when i charge it the light doesn't come on. also when i don't have the battery inside the phone, i put the charger in and the same thing would happen, the light goes on for less than a second and never turn back again. I've already ordered a battery to see if that's the problem but if it's not the problem i don't mind. It was gift card money.

PvEdominator

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
I have had this problem before now that I think of it, only a light would show for a second and no matter what i did nothing would work. I had to send it back to the company for a new one.

EXA132

Honorable
May 22, 2013

yes i would do that too but i bought this phone like a year ago and i bought it from a boost mobile stand in " The gallery" in philadelphia. and i don't know if i had to get warranty for this phone in order to give the phone back so they can replace it.

PvEdominator

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Maybe calling ZTE, or another one of the manufacturers, like Tracphone if their on that boot screen or another company, that physically makes the phone. Wouldn't hurt to try, but if you do call them do not! Say you Rooted your phone as they will deny you since that voids any of your chances of getting a new phone.

EXA132

Honorable
May 22, 2013

my phone is with boost mobile and the boot logo on the phone is zte, so this would mean i call zte? but what do i say?