is pwobumg.exe a virus?

connornemeth11

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
I had noticed recently in task manager that a process that is called Windows Process Manager (32 bit) (AKA pwobumg.exe) and it is taking up a lot of RAM and sometimes CPU and it is getting annoying and I'm 99% sure it's set to start up but there is nothing and when I go to the startup program list it's a empty folder and I can't end the task I tried the normal task manager, Rkill, and also the task kill command and nothing and when I try to go to the folder which is located in C:/Users/Example/Appdata/Local/pwobumg. can someone please help me it is really annoying

Solution
It most certainly looks suspicious. I would recommend you to perform a full scan with a security program and see what you'll get. I personally use MalwareFox.

It has a free trial of two weeks. So, you've got nothing to lose. Better safe than sorry.

kasiourasg

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
It most certainly looks suspicious. I would recommend you to perform a full scan with a security program and see what you'll get. I personally use MalwareFox.

It has a free trial of two weeks. So, you've got nothing to lose. Better safe than sorry.

Solution

santiano

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017

I agree with you, better to take precaution, with best security software by downloading any free antivirus program. :)