Is The Alineware M17x Worth It?

Spazta

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
I am looking into buying a gaming laptop, I've been trying to decide about a gaming laptop. I definitely want a laptop, no desktop, need a portable system. The specs on the M17x are fairly built (I was gonna upgrade RAM and display) and I've seen reviews and look's amazing (I'm not buying it for looks, that's why I don't own shitty Beats). But I am wondering if there are better options and if it's honestly worth it for $1,800. So is Alienware worth it?

MC_K7

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
From what I know yes they are. The most important part is that Alienware's laptops have superior video cards which is an essential component for gaming. But honestly I don't know much about gaming laptop I don't know if you can get the same specs for cheaper elsewhere. I noticed you can get a laptop with similar CPU, RAM and SSD for a whole lot less, but the problem is always the video card... But maybe someone with more experience with gaming laptop could chime in.

Spazta

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

But actually, RAM and SSD are upgradeable in laptops without voiding the warranty

MC_K7

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008

But upgrading the graphics card on a laptop is not as easy and it will totally void the warranty. That was my point.

Spazta

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Then why say it was worth it?