Is the Dell Insiron 15 7000 (7548) worth $520

sid234

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Hey guys,

I wanted your opinion on whether i should keep or return the laptop. Here's what happened,

I ordered a Dell Inspiron 15, series 7000 notebook on the 16th of Feb from Dell's website. Th configuration i ordered came with an i5-5200U, a 1080p touchscreen display, 6GB ram and AMD Radeon R7 M265 4gb gpu. I got the whole package for $620.

Then Dell left me a voice mail yesterday morning, after the laptop was shipped, stating that they didn't manufacture the model with the gpu anymore and that they had shipped mine without the gpu. I was furious that they waited till after the laptop was shipped to inform me that it did not meet my order. I called them and the first customer service associate offered me a $50 refund and hung up on me when i argued that it wasn't a fair renumeration.

I called them back, and the next person offered me a $100 refund if i kept the laptop (apparently a one time, "breaking the rules" offer). My other option is to wait till the laptop is delivered, then ask for a return label, ship it back to them. Wait for 10-15 days for them to process the return and a further 20-30 days to get the money refunded to my account.

If i do so, I have to wait almost a month and a half before i can purchase a new laptop, as I'm tight on funds. If i were to keep the laptop I wanted to know if the Laptop was still worth the price ($520, after their $100 refund) or would i be able to find a better laptop?

I'm really disappointed at how poorly Dell's treated me but right now I'm basically stuck and can't decide what to do. Never going to buy a Dell product ever again after this experience.

Thank you.

Solution
I mean the price is OK. but you wont have the laptop you wanted anymore, since it wont have a dedicate graphic card. You build the laptop to your liking and now its missing a part basically.

Winly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2007
I mean the price is OK. but you wont have the laptop you wanted anymore, since it wont have a dedicate graphic card. You build the laptop to your liking and now its missing a part basically.

Solution

Winly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2007

it really comes down to your decision. the 2 systems are good but the one with the dedicate video card is better, will let you play games with more ease. if you really need touchscreen go for it, if not then the acer will do just fine.

sid234

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

I really dont care for a touchscreen to be honest.. But I do like the display on the laptop and that it has a slim profile.

I don't mind keeping it but my friends tell me the config that Dell has sent me is not worth the price of $520 after i get money back. Do you guys think I would be able to find a better system at that price?

Winly

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2007

the best you can do is go around and check other laptops wit the same config dell is gonna send you if you agree too. and you decide whats best for you