Is the HP Pavilion 15-P178na as good as it looks?

Teranus

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
I was browsing HP's website and I noticed they had a Pavillion 15 with a 6 Core AMD A8, 8GB of RAM, 1TB HDD and a Radeon R7 M260!
For £400!

Is this laptop as good as it looks or is there some catch?

Solution
If you look at the specs it gives the model number of the apu (which is the apu I linked to as proof that it is an error) and as I mentioned there are no 6 core apus, let alone 6 core mobile cpus from any company.

I can't say for sure without knowing specs but did I give enough explanation to let you understand which would be better?

das_stig

Distinguished
As general office work horse it will be fine, will struggle as agaming system.
The only other things that goes against, is all the crap bloatware HP install and battery will probbaly stop charging to 100% after 18 months or so.

Teranus

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=K4D83EA&opt=ABU&sel=PCNB

I intend to use the laptop as a light gaming laptop for when I'm on holiday but its main purpose is for everyday tasks.

I might use it to host game servers though.

I don't understant what you mean by configs, enlighten me!

k1114

Distinguished
If you look at the specs it gives the model number of the apu (which is the apu I linked to as proof that it is an error) and as I mentioned there are no 6 core apus, let alone 6 core mobile cpus from any company.

I can't say for sure without knowing specs but did I give enough explanation to let you understand which would be better?

Solution