Is the HTC Desire any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shays47

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
I am looking at getting a HTC Desire on contract, and have read that it is a very good phone(matches or beats the iphone), and am asking for other peoples opinions.

asauka

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
I've been using the HTC Desire for a few weeks now and all I can say is that I've never been more in love with a phone.

The only thing I will say is that the battery life isn't exactly fantastic if you leave it with Mobile Network on all the time. Best advice is to turn it off when you don't need it and on when you do (this can be done in 2 key presses). I found I increased the battery life by about 5-6x by just doing this.

If you do go for the phone I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

$amurai

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Great. My Nexus One is essentially the same thing, I love it. Best phone I've ever had.
Only drawback is battery life, but it will last you a day with intensive use, 2 days if you really try to save battery and only use it for calls or texts.

ak22

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Hey I have had the HTC Desire for 2 weeks great phone fast very responsive, only bad thing is the battery but you can buy better ones form Seidio that last longer.

Also be careful when u purchase branded htc I got mine on contract form orange its branded (has orange apps & stupid game demons on it that can't uninstall unless you root it which voids warranty).

jennelia

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
Yes, you are absolutely right. HTC desire is a most popular handset that is built with latest techology. It runs on Android operating system and featured with 1 GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 processor. It has a 3.7 inch AMOLED touchscreen which gives 16M colors at the resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. It is a user friendly handset with multi-touch display. HTC desire has 5 MP camera with feature like LED flash, auto-focus, geotagging, and smile and face detection.

As far as HTC desire contract deal is concerned, there are several network provide that offers HTC desire contract deals such as Vodaphone, Virgin, O2, T-mobile, and 3-mobile. These network providers are giving several offers and gifts, simply by signing a contract which may be of certain period. So, if you are looking at getting a HTC desire on contract, then you can also get more information on...
http://www.htcdesirecontractdeals.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.