Question Is the MBA I/O socket repairable on logic board side

Oct 18, 2022
Hi - discovered my MBA has a damaged connector (not the cable, the connector itself) on the logic board side (just next to the fan assembly). Looks like something has got inside and shorted it out. Is this repairable/ Replaceable? anyone every done this? Tried youtube but could not locate any sign of anyone doing this kind of repair/ replacement. Thanks for any advice.

Click below to see what I am talking about

Close up with microscope
Connector placement on the board

Reactions: bvtmmedika

Anawilliam850

Prominent
Dec 22, 2022
It sounds like the damage to the connector on your MacBook Air's logic board is significant and may require professional repair. Replacing the connector on the logic board can be a complex task and requires a skilled technician with experience in microsoldering.
Replacement parts for connectors on logic boards are also not readily available for purchase by non-authorized technicians, so it may be difficult to find a replacement part.
The best course of action would be to take your MacBook Air to an authorized Apple repair center or a reputable independent repair shop that specializes in microsoldering repairs. They will be able to diagnose the issue and determine the best course of action, which could be replacement of the connector or the entire logic board.