Is there a Radio Scanner App?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foscooter

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Been looking and looking, but I want to know if there is a Radio Scanner App.

NOT Scanner Radio, nor Scanner Buddy. An app to use my phone like a "Radio Scanner," where I can input what frequency I want to listen too.

This is so I could listen to the NASCAR Officials, or drivers at my local NASCAR race track, Colorado National Speedway. Frequencies are all in the high 400 range, like 469.7000 for the track officials.

These are not available on either of the 2 listed above, only Police, Fire, Airport, and such.

Solution
What type of phone/OS do you have? I've tried scanner radio for blackberry and I found it to be a wasted download. Your best bet at this point would be to see if NASCAR has an app on their website or even e-mail NASCAR about it. Perhaps there are others out there who want the same thing, so a little push from another fan wouldn't hurt.
What type of phone/OS do you have? I've tried scanner radio for blackberry and I found it to be a wasted download. Your best bet at this point would be to see if NASCAR has an app on their website or even e-mail NASCAR about it. Perhaps there are others out there who want the same thing, so a little push from another fan wouldn't hurt.

Solution

foscooter

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Thanks buwish!

My phone: Samsung Vibrant, Andriod based.

Scanner Radio is ok, for what it is. I'll check to see if I get the driver/official frequencies when I'm up there. (There is a "see what's close" or something like that on Scanner Radio.)

jeroly

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
LOL - it's hard to believe that anybody has a hankering for something even more boring than watching NASCAR - listening to it on radio!

</snark>

Regarding the underlying technical question - I don't believe that such an app exists yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.