Is there a such thing as overusing a laptop?

friendlyone20

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
I got my current laptop back in March of this year and since then I've been worried I'm overusing the computer. I'm on it for about 8 hours a day mainly streaming anime on the internet. This computer is not used for gaming and I do a little Photoshop once every 3 months. I keep telling myself that if I'm going to worry this computer then I probably shouldn't have one. I need some piece of mind. Is there a such thing as computer overusage? My computer stays updated, I make sure of that and I do have cooling pad which I use. I know it's not good for a person to be on the computer that long every day but I'm asking about whether or not it's bad for the computer. Also I apologize if this isn't in the correct section. I looked at the other categories and there isn't one labelled 'stop stressing about computer' (haha jokes) This seemed like the most rational place to put this.

Solution
as long as u shut it down atleast once a week, it shd get along for the next 5 yrs atleast...
my office laptop shuts down, once a month maybe...going strong for the last 2 yrs...
hope u get the point...grab a beer and chill out :p

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
as long as u shut it down atleast once a week, it shd get along for the next 5 yrs atleast...
my office laptop shuts down, once a month maybe...going strong for the last 2 yrs...
hope u get the point...grab a beer and chill out :p

Solution