Solved! Is there a USB-C hub for my needs?

Aug 4, 2020
I am looking for a minimum of: two USB-A, one 15 pin (blue) VGA, one "display" ( 3 square corners, 1 cropped corner) OR one 18 pin (two 9 pin clusters) plus horizontal pin monitor connection, and one HDMI. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Thanks for the response. My workplace leases HP Elitebooks, but for my particular needs, I have been using 2 peripheral monitors, keyboard with number pad, mouse, and an ancient printer with a USB-A connection (no wifi). The other ports are sometimes necessary for presentations. I had been hoping not to bore everyone with too much detail, but I can understand needing context, so no worries. :)

As I have been on this quest for a couple weeks now, I am becoming more certain you are right. I suppose an option would be to find something with enough ports, and then find adapters that work with my cords.

Thanks again for the thoughts. Very appreciated.

HP Elitebooks have dedicated docking stations that are common and easy to...
Aug 4, 2020
To connect to what? You are describing a dock. Do you really need a VGA connection? The digital ports (DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI) are much more likely to be available.

Several offerings (close to your stated requirements) can be found here:

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?Tpk=docking+station&SrchInDesc=vga&N=100007938

Thanks for the response. My workplace leases HP Elitebooks, but for my particular needs, I have been using 2 peripheral monitors, keyboard with number pad, mouse, and an ancient printer with a USB-A connection (no wifi). The other ports are sometimes necessary for presentations. I had been hoping not to bore everyone with too much detail, but I can understand needing context, so no worries. :)

As I have been on this quest for a couple weeks now, I am becoming more certain you are right. I suppose an option would be to find something with enough ports, and then find adapters that work with my cords.

HP Elitebooks have dedicated docking stations that are common and easy to find, depends on the model since the docking station connections change over the years. Just need to do a web search based on your model.

If this is something issued by your employer then just ask the IT department to provide you with a docking station to use with it, docking stations for laptops are a standard IT setup, standard office workers are not expected to work from the laptop screen and keyboard full time.

To get a proper part you NEED details, skipping them just ends up spending more time as others ask you details about the setup. If you ask your car mechanic for a wheel for your car you don't just say "I need a wheel that is round with some holes for bolts" do you? You need the full specs of the car so the correct item can be fitted, it's the same with computers.

Solution