Is there a way to force the center speaker to come out the Right and Left channels?

RepoDraghon

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
I'm watching YouTube vids and TV series on Amazon. However, the sound is only really coming out the Center of the 5.1 surround I have... Now, I know how to test the speakers to know if it is hooked up correctly (and they are), but this coming out the center is irritating me...

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
What do you mean by "really"?

However, the sound is only really coming out the Center of the 5.1 surround

Amazon should be 5.1, or at least most of the stuff is, but most youtube stuff is 2.0. To me it sounds like your receiver isn't configured properly. You need to either adjust the volume levels or edit the input type so that it's playing things correctly.

RepoDraghon

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

Well, yeah... that is my point... all the speakers are connected properly but I can't figure out how to get the side speakers to play the audio instead of the center

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Again, I wouldn't look to youtube. Too much of that site is coded for mono or stereo at best. I've been watching movies on Amazon and it claims to have 5.1 on most movies. I'd try those. But you've given us nearly no information other than "it's not working", so good luck.

RepoDraghon

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

I think I found the issue... in "Sound Blaster Cinema 2" there is a slider bar I assumed was the volume (cause adjusting it did affect the volume too...) The Slider made the sound come out the sides more but there were other clickables to adjust too... it's all confusing... I am a physical techie not a virtual one, so I know not how to do the settings...