Is there an extension to get rid of chrome logo/search box?

Solution
that is not really chrome menu but contents of new window/tab you open. A website, if you want to call it that.
Also seemingly allowing changes to that is against google's idea of what is good for you.
There are lot of complaints about being unable to change it from 2009 and.. it's still not really changeable.

you could look for ways to change "new tab page" which is google's idea of what should be on everyone's new window/tab on default instead of whatever you might have set as home page.

some have found help from but since new tab page doesn't really faze me all that much, I've not tried to change it's appearance:
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
wait, what search bar and what logo?
TAFCsa0.png

In short, I don't have search bar on my chrome (fully removable with standard menu customization) and what logo and where?

Kishan25

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015

There should be a search box and a Google logo on top of it. It should be in the center of your screen.

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
I cannot find a way to have that there. I seem to remember there possibly being such long long ago when chrome was still young.
What version of chrome are you using? since I have the latest and for the last year+ I've never seen the search bar/logo on top by default.
Only possibility is that you have chrome toolbar which I do not have. (extension)

Kishan25

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015

I have the latest version. I am not using an extension either.

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
I fear I cannot think of possible reason that said thing even exists.
Since I can't get it to appear on my computer on new account, or on old XP computer I am at my wits end.

so, at this point, I would need to see what exactly it is to have any idea about it. (any possibility of taking screenshot and uploading it online and linking it?)

Kishan25

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
that is not really chrome menu but contents of new window/tab you open. A website, if you want to call it that.
Also seemingly allowing changes to that is against google's idea of what is good for you.
There are lot of complaints about being unable to change it from 2009 and.. it's still not really changeable.

you could look for ways to change "new tab page" which is google's idea of what should be on everyone's new window/tab on default instead of whatever you might have set as home page.

some have found help from but since new tab page doesn't really faze me all that much, I've not tried to change it's appearance:
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna

Solution