Solved! Is there an RCA output on a Samsung TV?

ChrisIX9

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I want to run my Samsung TV through my older stereo. I am not getting any sound out of the RCA jacks on the TV. I just assumed the RCA jacks were outputs, but they might be inputs and that would explain why I am getting no sound. The TV is like 5 years old and it was given to me so I do not have any paperwork.

Solution
Most common SPDIF digital output is optical but if you have coax then the same DAC is required.
There is no standard location for connector on TVs so again without a model number I can't tell you where it might be.
If we know the model number we could give you an exact answer.
Most TVs don't have RCA audio outputs.
If it has a headphone jack you can use that. Check the menu system to see if it can be variable or fixed.
If it has an optical audio output you will need a converter like this one
http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-dac-digital-to-analog-converter-(51-compatible)--180-999
and cables to connect it to the TV and stereo.
You may have to turn the optical output on, turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output type in the TV menu to get it working.

ChrisIX9

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Well it definitely doesn't have a head phone jack. It has the component jacks, but I am assuming those are for inputs from a blue ray player or something??? If it had a coaxial digital audio output, where might that be located? It might also have a SPDIF output.

ChrisIX9

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Ok I bought TNP Digital to Analog Audio Converter Box Adapter and a digital coaxial cable. It's a very straight forward hook up. I ran the coaxial cable from the TV to the converter box coaxial input. The box has a red and white RCA output and a head phone jack. I am trying to get my TV to play through a set of self powered speakers. I plug the speakers in the headphone jack and all I get is a bunch of loud chatter. I do not know if my brand new TNP Digital to Analog Audio Converter Box Adapter is just bad or if something else is wrong. Any Ideas? This is the one I purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/TNP-Digital-Analog-Converter-Adapter/dp/B01HO7GQJ0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8