Question Is there any way to open and view cache data for apps in Storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2022
When you go into settings for an app and go into Storage, it's easy to clear your cache, but what if you want to view what's in there?

There is an Instagram account I opened from a third party link 6 weeks ago that I now NEED to know for business purposes. I thought it would be saved in Instagram's history, but turns out they only save the pages you searched yourself in the search bar, and not those you go to through clicking.

I'm thinking in the cache for Instagram might be the page/account I viewed before. But I'm not finding any info on how to open and view it. Is there perhaps a third party app for downloading it from your phone onto your PC? Please let me know as I'm desperate at this point and thank you so much!

Feb 8, 2022
contact Instagram, only they know what/how to access their app cache
Instagram definitely wont respond to a question like that. And it's not the cache on the Instagram app, but rather the cache in Android's storage settings, so perhaps this isn't a question for Instagram

When you go into settings for an app and go into Storage, it's easy to clear your cache, but what if you want to view what's in there?

There is an Instagram account I opened from a third party link 6 weeks ago that I now NEED to know for business purposes. I thought it would be saved in Instagram's history, but turns out they only save the pages you searched yourself in the search bar, and not those you go to through clicking.

I'm thinking in the cache for Instagram might be the page/account I viewed before. But I'm not finding any info on how to open and view it. Is there perhaps a third party app for downloading it from your phone onto your PC? Please let me know as I'm desperate at this point and thank you so much!

If I wrote a program where a user can poke around account info and files on their own without any protection I would likely be fired. Are you trying to find out what this account you created was like the username/PW?

Status
Not open for further replies.