Is there any way to repair my laptop shell plastic?

gfloridafan93

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I have an HP Pavilion dv6-6c53nr laptop. Somehow, a piece of the plastic outer shell of the laptop broke off. It is really annoying, and it is in a bad spot where it scratches my arm when I am using the laptop. However, I really am not sure how or if I can get it fixed. Do you guys think it could be fixed? If not, do you guys know how much I could get if I sold my laptop? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached are two images showing the damage.

IMAG0159_zpsaa04ce82.jpg
[/URL][/img]

IMAG0162_zps7b915ebf.jpg
[/URL][/img]

your links don't work, but really there isn't much other than either buying a broken one/new shell from ebay and replacing it, or trying to fix it with some epoxy and sanding it down and painting it, but with your pics not working, it's hard to tell how hard/easy that would be.

gfloridafan93

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

I updated the photos. The thing is, I don't know if the touch pad shell would include this broken issue or not. Because it looks like another piece besides the shell. I am not sure though.

gfloridafan93

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

I updated the photos. The thing is, I don't know if the touch pad shell would include this broken issue or not. Because it looks like another piece besides the shell. I am not sure though.

brandon_piper

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
If you do decide to fix it, I suggest JB Weld as opposed to other glues. I tried using JB Plastic weld to fix a cracked case and it was terrible. Use the regular JB Weld.