Is this computer any good?

TaurusX

Estimable
Mar 19, 2015
Hi all, I'm hoping to ascend to the PC from my mac and want to know what your opinions on this computer are: http://us.msi.com/product/nb/GE60-Apache-Pro-GTX-960M.html#hero-overview I only use laptops so don't suggest a desktop. What my main concern is: will it run hot? I will be buying for Xoticpc.com where I can configure it with better cooling systems. Anyway, does anyone have any experience with the brand and hopefully the computer itself on a day to day basis? Thanks, TaurusX

Solution
It will be fine, however as ALL laptops, especially ones for gaming do...it WILL run hot for sure.

This is an inevitability if you consider the logistics of having to cram all the hardware into an acceptable size plastic box and then having to try and prevent them from melting a hole in your desk/lap.

You will not be able to play stuff over long periods of time with laptop on your trousers, put it this way. Other than that though it is a totally fine laptop.

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
It will be fine, however as ALL laptops, especially ones for gaming do...it WILL run hot for sure.

This is an inevitability if you consider the logistics of having to cram all the hardware into an acceptable size plastic box and then having to try and prevent them from melting a hole in your desk/lap.

You will not be able to play stuff over long periods of time with laptop on your trousers, put it this way. Other than that though it is a totally fine laptop.

Solution