is this gaming pc too good to be true for the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techblob97

Great
Apr 11, 2018
hello, im looking to buy a gaming pc on a budget,
and i have never owned a pc before, so im not sure if im being scammed or not, so i was looking around and i found this awesome deal:

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/refurbished-refurbished-msi-infinite-7rb-066xeu-core-i5-7400-8gb-1tb-gtx-10-a2-9s6-b91521-082/version.asp

the specs are awesome for the price tag.
i do realise its refurbished and may have scratches/marks, but im more about the power than cosmetics.

am i getting ripped off or are they not telling me something?

would the pc have enough power/cooling system? they specify "Silent Storm Cooling 3", but i couldnt find any reviews about it, if its any good or not.

im just not sure why the price is so low, for such high specs. any other normal retailer that has those types of specs are like 700-1000 pounds.

can anyone help? im new to pc and not sure what should and shouldnt be good on a pc.

thanks in advance :)

Solution

Its not an incredible spec,its a good base for a budget gaming rig.

Below 400 quid would make it a really good buy,past that youre in the realm of building similar yourself.

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
The price is decent for the listed configuration and for a refurbished, I wouldn't advise paying more than $550 for an average consumer (not able or used or willing to build their own rig) as it's far from being a beast is about entry level gaming, it has graphic card in a fancy vertical position in the tower.

techblob97

Great
Apr 11, 2018
why is a gtx 1050 ti very weak?

im not looking for Best desktop ever :D

isnt 1050 ti decent for gaming?
not ultra settings, just medium/high but most games?

also, would i be able to add things into this pc? like some ssd?
im assuming i can, but, thats why im asking.

techblob97

Great
Apr 11, 2018
does anyone else have any answers? I don't mind that it's out of stock, just want to know for future reference. if 350 pounds for those specs are true and if anyone knows if it will just crash because certain things.
and if it's possible to upgrade a msi infinite series pc.

Its not an incredible spec,its a good base for a budget gaming rig.

Below 400 quid would make it a really good buy,past that youre in the realm of building similar yourself.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.