Jul 23, 2009
HP Pavilion DV6-1264CA
Amd Turion x2 ultra zm-82
4gb ram ddr2
ati mobility radeon hd4650
500gb hard-drive
blah blah blah

TO THE LINK-MOBILE!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10126042&catid=26955&PCName=laptop_hp&logon=&langid=EN

now i have to buy from bestbuy because i am utilizing their administration fee service..(monthly payment..)

for $999 is it worth it?

if your going to go scavaging for deals, i live in canada so bestbuy.ca is the place to go!

P.S i personally took a look at the laptop by paying best buy a visit and getting a discount to $850 on the laptop and i personally liked the laptops design and build quality, just a little trouble with the keys cause im moving from a desktop to a laptop....

what i desire from this laptop is blazing fast speed and decent game-ability like cod4 maxed, crysis medium, etc.

lemme know what you think!

Solution
hmmmm doesnt show how much is max ram...but 4gb is honestly all you need on a laptop even for 64bit 8gb will cost you over $300+ anyway which i think is way too much... Another thing I have to add if you go gaming on this computer get like a heatpad or a fan to add under the laptop because amd and ati produce alot of heat but they are like that. its no biggie just the way their built. (they can withstand alot of heat comparing to the nvidia and intel)

Espada

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
the laptop will give you 30fps on medium on crisis not sure about cod4. video card is good for basic gaming max most games out right now. the speed for a laptop is good enough for gaming. so you should be okay with this just remember dell, hp and acer companies bad with customer service.

Espada

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
hmmmm doesnt show how much is max ram...but 4gb is honestly all you need on a laptop even for 64bit 8gb will cost you over $300+ anyway which i think is way too much... Another thing I have to add if you go gaming on this computer get like a heatpad or a fan to add under the laptop because amd and ati produce alot of heat but they are like that. its no biggie just the way their built. (they can withstand alot of heat comparing to the nvidia and intel)

Solution

4040tee

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
well,
i've been playing crysis on medium-high getting 25+ fps sometimes dips a little under 20....

pretty decent..

ill consider the cooling pad but how much of a difference will it make?