is this laptop good for gaaming?

Ahmed_96

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hello everyone,
I was wondering, I just bought an HP pavilion 15 notebook pc, which has core i7 cpu (2ghz up to 2.6 ghz) and (gpu is Nvidia 840m 2gb)
is this good for gaming? it runs every game so perfectly, though it comes overheated whenever I start a game.. anyone could help me?

Thanks all.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
actually, the gpu is not that good. even for non-mobile a gt840 is not that good, let alone a mobile counterpart (they are usually slower)

if you don't mind playing on lower settings and are happy using it, then its ok. about the heat issues, well make sure that the inside is clean and that the exhaust ports are always open (like if you place it on the bed it might get covered by the sheets).
laptops are cramped enough as they are, so try to keep them cool as much as possible.

Ahmed_96

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014

hey there, thanks for replying.. about the quality of the game i don't mind if its minimum settings even though its low graphic.. i don't even care about Shadowplay or other things... but my problem is the heat, the laptop is new (i just bought it) so im sure its clean from inside, i also asked a friend who had bought the same laptop and said that he also gets heat whenever he starts a game, now im just asking.. is it danger!? I mean may it destroy my CPU? do I have to play like one mission a day in the game? or is there any other way to prevent this heat?

Ahmed_96

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014

man its not mu choice to pick it as desktop or laptop or whatever... anyways this is not the case.. ok im having and idea, what if i bought fan to put my laptop above it you know what i mean? and plug usb though my laptop in order to make the fan goes on, would that be good?

Ahmed_96

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014

you mean not to put it on the hot part where the heat comes out?

Ahmed_96

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014

hmmmmmmm other holes? :/
man if the air-condition is in higher level than me where i set, how is it going to help?