Is this laptop gpu upgradable?

Solution
It seems there are versions of this laptop with and without discrete graphics. If your unit doesnt come with the GeForce 920MX, you coud change your CPU for onde with Intel Iris Graphics, which would be a huge jump in performance. If yous come with the 920MX, you could open it (it voids your warranty) to see if its soldered or comes on a MXM module. If so, you could probably exchange with a Geforce MX150 MXM module. But either way its not a easy, error free process...

nitinvaid20

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
even if it can be upgrade i dont think you can add it yourself from where you gonna purchase it? i think you should contact the customer support
and i am not able to find that there is any PCI slot for the dedicated GPU

felipetga

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
It seems there are versions of this laptop with and without discrete graphics. If your unit doesnt come with the GeForce 920MX, you coud change your CPU for onde with Intel Iris Graphics, which would be a huge jump in performance. If yous come with the 920MX, you could open it (it voids your warranty) to see if its soldered or comes on a MXM module. If so, you could probably exchange with a Geforce MX150 MXM module. But either way its not a easy, error free process...

Solution

k1114

Distinguished
The 920mx doesn't have a mxm version. The cpu is soldered so you can't even change that. It even only has 1 sodimm. It's going near ultrabook specs. You don't find mxm til double the budget. The only worthwhile things you could change is ram or hdd.