Is this laptop worth the money or not?

Legolas8181

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
I am looking at getting a gaming laptop, laptop because it's more convenient for me than a PC and my family want me to get a laptop, and have found one I like but am a bit hesistant because it's so expensive but I am aware that I will need to spend a lot to get PC gaming performance out of it but is this really worth a grand? http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y510p/?sb=:00000037:00001D6B:#customize I will be using it for games such as Batman: Arkham origins, Assassin's creed IV, Battlefield 4, maybe COD and Splinter Cell Blacklist.

JustANewUser

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Indeed, that's quite a very decent laptop. And if you ask me, that keyboard looks awesome. It's quite good for the price you'll pay. You'll be able to play modern games in decent FPS even with high settings.

Keep in mind that not all games take advantage of XFire or SLI.

The Lenovo Y510p is considered a very good bang for your buck gaming laptop because it offers very good performance (when SLI is used) and it is somewhat inexpensive for the performance you get... At least in the US.

Personally, I avoid XFire and SLI setups for both PC and laptops. I would prefer a single powerful graphics card even if the performance is going to be potentially less than SLI GTX 755m. For example, I would gladly buy a laptop with a GTX 765m. While the potential maximum performance is lower, all games will take advantage of a single graphics card / chip.

aloof11

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
I myself have a GTX 765m laptop but was banking on better drivers to help with the micro stuttering problem. Also the GT 755m isnt too bad by itself rather then in SLI, so its really hard not to recommend such a laptop (unless battery life is a top priority)