Is this Notebook good for 5 years in future?

misketz

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
CPU: Intel Core i3 3110M Dual Core 2.4GHz
GPU: AMD RADEON HD 7670 1GB DDR3
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ
HD: 500GB

i need lap top for surfing, school programs, watching video, and some light gaming like fifa or pes , so is it going to be good in next 5 years just for those simple tasks?

Solution
It should be fine.

Based on what you intend to do with the most demanding thing is playing lite games and that does not even seem to be a priority. I know the FIFA series is very easy on system requirements. Not sure which game PES is.

Therefore as long as your gaming expectations are low, you should have no issues with the laptop.
It should be fine.

Based on what you intend to do with the most demanding thing is playing lite games and that does not even seem to be a priority. I know the FIFA series is very easy on system requirements. Not sure which game PES is.

Therefore as long as your gaming expectations are low, you should have no issues with the laptop.

Solution

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
Very few portables will run for 5 years without encountering a problem that makes more sense to replace than repair. Having said that, the processor is mediocre by any standard and will be more so as time passes. I really enjoy trying to predict the future. Hold your computer a little closer to my crystal ball.

Depending on the cost of the laptop and the cost of an extended warranty you may want to consider purchasing the extended warranty. Most laptops only have a 1 year warranty. If you plan on keeping your laptop for a long time then it is something you might want to consider. Gaming laptops tends to overheat more often than non-gaming laptops since non-gaming laptops do not have discrete graphic cards/chips.