Is this okay for a casual gaming laptop?

MMMaddox

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
Solution

For the price, not too good, low wattage i7 and a 2 generation old lower end video card.

This is better, same price...

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

Yeah you'll be able to play WOW just fine on that, i'd imagine with high settings.
Looks like a pretty decent little laptop, but the 4hr battery life in windows 10 is pretty low. I'd imagine that when gaming or watching a movie... 2 hours?

For the price, not too good, low wattage i7 and a 2 generation old lower end video card.

This is better, same price https://www.amazon.com/Dell-15-6-Inch-Quad-Core-i5-6300HQ-Processor/dp/B015PYYDMQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1475005351&sr=1-1&keywords=Dell+256gb+960m

Video card 1.5 tiers faster, CPU is a real quad core, large enough solid state drive for several games.

Solution
Generally speaking most gaming laptops do not allow you to upgrade the dedicated GPU because it is soldered into the motherboard. Only a few specific laptop models generally in the $1,400+ price range do give you the ability to upgrade the GPU. However, just because a laptop is expensive, that does not mean the GPU is automatically upgradeable. There are plenty of $1.400+ that do not allow you to perform an upgrade.

I would go with the Dell Inspiron i7559 hang-the-9 recommended. It has a more powerful quad core CPU and the GTX 960m GPU as opposed to the much weaker GT 840m for not much more money. Battery life is also decent at around 5 - 6 hours of average usage. However, it is a 15.6" laptop instead of a 17" laptop.