is this projection combo good for movie night etc thanks in advanced

allegedsin

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0VRE6E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1Z0URP4DIQJJT

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YTRFEG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A67QB2RDZCVKS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031TRZX2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1DCPNQKKEISZB

now i mainly want it for movies like on Netflix with ps3 or gaming/movies on my pc now i have a gtx 760 4 gb so i mine as well go 3D route since i can ill buy the glasses later on

also if i can go cheaper that be great around 300-500$ would be a nice range if not not a big deal

also is this combo good or do i need something else?

Solution
Short throw projectors are more expensive because they give you the larger screen in a smaller space. Don't know about black screens. I've been very happy with my white Elite Screen. I'd probably go with the 100" screen.

-Wolf sends
It's a decent combo and I think you'll be mostly happy with it, unless you sit too close to the screen. With a 720p projector and depending on how large of an image is being displayed, the closer you sit to the screen, the more noticeable the "screen door" effect will be.

Also, have you checked the Projection Calculator Pro for image size and throw distances?

-Wolf sends

allegedsin

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
hmm thanks for the reply

option 1:
there is about 10-12 feet distance between projector and screen if i put in front of my windows and move the furniture to fit it

option 2:
how ever i was planing to put it in front of my bed , i have the master bedroom in the attic and it does have slanted walls on the side so the screen would have to hang away from the wall about a couple feet
and theirs about 5 feet between projector and screen

so is option 2 doable

and will i need blackout blinds to put in the windows if i do option 1 if so which should i get?

as of now i have plywood and cardboard as well as black curtains in the windows which givers very minimal light

as for the calculator i did not understand it i put the dimensions of everything in but it does not say what the colors mean
for this site
its in the red so i assume that would be bad but not sure

also id be willing to get rid of 3D feature and go as low as 80 inches if that would help
100+ inch and 3D is a want not a need

oh and i would be about a little more then 7 feet away option 2
and 8-10 feet option 1

welt let me know what you think xD

Based on the calculator, it doesn't go below 10' 10" (use the sliders to determine throw distance and image sizes on the right). Not sure if that means you can't have it any closer than that (may not be able to focus). If that's the case, then your only option would be option 1. For such a small space, you may want to look at a short throw projector.

-Wolf sends

allegedsin

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
alright thanks for the help gonna try option 2 then option 1 to see if it works if not ill return it or re sell it
as for short throw i could not find one in price range there more expensive why is that?

also should i go with 80 or 100 inch screen black or white i no black blocks ambient light but like i said my room is dark very minimal light so should i got white since its cheaper or is getting black screen just simply better

Short throw projectors are more expensive because they give you the larger screen in a smaller space. Don't know about black screens. I've been very happy with my white Elite Screen. I'd probably go with the 100" screen.

-Wolf sends

Solution