Is this specs good enough or should I upgrade?

tandesilva97

Prominent
May 8, 2018
I have notebook with an i5 4210U, 4gb ram, 1tb hdd, and nvidia 820m. I just wanna ask whether this is good for multimedia editing like premiere pro and after affects and is this good for gaming? Or should I upgrade to 8gb ram and ssd?

Solution
A RAM and SSD upgrade will definitely help the system but depending on what gaming you want to do, you may need to start looking at a new laptop. I'm assuming that 830M has at least 1GB of vRAM, so to be honest depending on what you want to play, it can be manageable for sure, but lackluster for newer AAA games.

Editing is also doable on such a system, but it will be noticeably slower than doing so on a quad-core system.

rune2h

Proper
May 1, 2018
A RAM and SSD upgrade will definitely help the system but depending on what gaming you want to do, you may need to start looking at a new laptop. I'm assuming that 830M has at least 1GB of vRAM, so to be honest depending on what you want to play, it can be manageable for sure, but lackluster for newer AAA games.

Editing is also doable on such a system, but it will be noticeably slower than doing so on a quad-core system.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS