Is this virus? Can anybody just make a virus that is so easy it can destroy PCs or make it reformat?

diotheawesome

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
Is this virus? I just removed a virus from my PC and it seems that Windows Defender can't do anything about it so I installed an advanced antivirus removal tool which worked and my PC seems to be running very slow so I rescan and restarted and finally the virus is gone and my PC is running fast again.

A ton of Malwares, spywares and adwares got in my PC because I turned off Windows Defender.
ujwNJit.png

WyZPIgG.png

I'm starting to get triggered because those things makes Windows Defender spam notification on what should I do with it. Also when I try to click something in my browser it sometimes goes to another site or a search engine that I have to delete mozzila manually and reinstall it which worked.

" https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=Trojan:Win32/Fuerboos.C!cl

I've searched it on google on what this virus does to my PC"

Need help with this one:
Kn2OFr0.png
I can't find the file

I just wish that those virus makers just disappear and take their crappy viruses with them.

Solution

This is a classic case of operator induced error. Poor cyber hygiene leads to this sort of outcome. You should never operate a Windows based system without an updated and operating anti-virus program.

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
download and run "rkill" first. this will make sure any running malware/virus is stopped. dont restart.
download malwarebytes and do FULL scan.
run your Windows defender FULL scan.(optional since you lost your trust in it)
run any 3rd party antivirus out there. Avira/Avast/AVG
restart.

btw doing a windows fresh install is usually the best option. back up what data you have in a separate drive.

diotheawesome

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017

resetting windows is the good idea but I ain't gonna go waste my time reinstalling everything again. makes me very sad because I need 16mbps to actually make downloading more faster.

You can try with roguekiller, adwarecleaner(malwarebytes) and probably with malwarebytes (free trial).

(first download these suggested) If that doesn't work, maybe in safe mode it won't run and you can actually delete it. (hold left shift press start and restart while holding left shift, and after it rebooted select troubleshooting, advanced then startup settings and select restart into safe mode, don't do with networking and disconnect your ethernet cable/wifi adapter from your PC, find that program delete it.

diotheawesome

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017

I turned it off because its annoying and keeps deleting what I'm making so I just randomly go to the site im going then I didn't watch what I was installing then it auto installed and I tried to shut it down and the internet was off and still it got in.

USAFRet

Illustrious

" then I didn't watch what I was installing then it auto installed"

Exactly.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

This is a classic case of operator induced error. Poor cyber hygiene leads to this sort of outcome. You should never operate a Windows based system without an updated and operating anti-virus program.

Solution

diotheawesome

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017

It was an accident, The next time I use a browser I would use an adblock. I allowed that virus to be installed by just clicking a wrong button.

jpe1701

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015

Oh you're not alone, and it wasn't really pointing a finger, just pointing it out for people that come across this thread later on because they got a virus.