Is upgrading ram worth it?

Tony774

Estimable
May 3, 2015
Hello... I'm using a dell inspiron 15 3521 and certain games are laggy... So I was planning to upgrade my ram from 4GB to 8GB... So before I do that I would like to know if upgrading my ram would bring any change in fps in games... I would be delighted if someone help me...
My specs:- Intel core i3 1.90GHz
. Intel HD 4000 graphics
. 4GB ram

Solution

Yes upgrading to 8GB would certainly help, considering the fact you're using an integrated graphics. But in terms of FPS boost it would be an average 2-5 FPS. Also this varies from game to game. If you're looking for a notable increase in FPS, then go for a discrete graphics card. By in the way, 8GB RAM is considered to be the sweet spot for gaming. You should...

MeteorsRaining

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
You won't get any noticeable increase in gaming performance by increasing RAM. Integrated graphics are not good for gaming, you need a dedicated mobile GPU, that's the one upgrade that will considerably improve gaming performance.

yeskay

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014

Yes upgrading to 8GB would certainly help, considering the fact you're using an integrated graphics. But in terms of FPS boost it would be an average 2-5 FPS. Also this varies from game to game. If you're looking for a notable increase in FPS, then go for a discrete graphics card. By in the way, 8GB RAM is considered to be the sweet spot for gaming. You should certainly consider the upgrade for better experience if not for major FPS boost.

Check this video to have an idea - Ram Battle 4Gb Vs 8gb on Gaming, with Intel Hd 5000 on intel Nuc D54250WY Playing Watch Dogs.

Cheers!

Solution