Issue with Asus laptop

Nicthecat

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Hi
The last week when I've switched my laptop on an error message came up indicating that the laptop needed repairing and to click reset to fix the problem
However this doesn't happen every day (which is weird) and sometimes if I turn it off and off again the message goes away and my laptop starts up properly

After getting the error message last night I tried turning it off and on again several times and I ended up pressing reset which would "fix" the problem

Computer then came on hurrah
But seem to have created a new problem
My internet dongle seems to now not work
I uninstalled it and re installed it and now it no longer works

Solution
Is it a 0xc000000d error? If it is, if the laptop has a TPM 1.2 chip on it / you use Bitlocker, disable TPM in the BIOS (If you use Bitlocker then let me know first)

I had a similar prob yesterday the latest windows 10 update. It kept coming up with the error I posted, and if I pressed reset a few times windows loaded.

Then I found out that this error can be caused if you use a TPM 1.2 chip. There's one in this. I disabled it in the BIOS, and it's been fine since

Paul NZ

Admirable
Is it a 0xc000000d error? If it is, if the laptop has a TPM 1.2 chip on it / you use Bitlocker, disable TPM in the BIOS (If you use Bitlocker then let me know first)

I had a similar prob yesterday the latest windows 10 update. It kept coming up with the error I posted, and if I pressed reset a few times windows loaded.

Then I found out that this error can be caused if you use a TPM 1.2 chip. There's one in this. I disabled it in the BIOS, and it's been fine since

Solution