Issue with Sony Vaio Laptop

prasan3010

Estimable
Sep 5, 2014
I am having Sony Vaio laptop which gets hang quite often. Whenever it get hang, i pull out laptop battery & place it again in slot & start laptop then it works properly...I know this is temp solution....Please advise could be issue & solution to fix it???

Solution
I can't help you unless I know what's going on. What are you doing when it hangs? When you say it "hangs" is it completely freezing up as in no mouse or keyboard input works whatsoever and the screen completely freezes, or does the screen go black, or the applications freeze but a CTRL ALT DEL works? What are the exact specs of your laptop, and what applications are you running at the time of the hang? Did you recently install any new hardware or drivers/software? How long has this been going on?

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
I can't help you unless I know what's going on. What are you doing when it hangs? When you say it "hangs" is it completely freezing up as in no mouse or keyboard input works whatsoever and the screen completely freezes, or does the screen go black, or the applications freeze but a CTRL ALT DEL works? What are the exact specs of your laptop, and what applications are you running at the time of the hang? Did you recently install any new hardware or drivers/software? How long has this been going on?

Solution

prasan3010

Estimable
Sep 5, 2014

hi,
it hang means screen freeze. nothing happen- not even CTRL ALT DEL, even i cant shut it off by pressing power button directly...only thing wokrs, that take out battery from slot & place it again then it is back to normal.

regarding additional h/w , s/w then answer is negative....no new s/w added or removed. There is no particular program which give this issue- screen get freeze for any program- watching video/photos, using MS doc ,excel, fb...any thing..

exact spec of laptop as per below :
window 8.1 Single Language
Processor : inter R Core TM i5-3337U CPU 1.8GHz,
4GB, 64-bit OS x64-based processor

Looking forward for ur assistance

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
How hot is the laptop getting? It's possible something could be overheating and causing a problem. Also make sure you have all the latest windows updates and drivers installed, sometimes these can be caused by software issues.