Issue with switchable graphics

322997am

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
So i have an HP Pavilion g6t 1c00 cto notebook pc(the 4 year old one) it has core 2.2 ghz sandy bridge i3 4gb SODIMM ram at 1333 mhz and it has intel hd graphics 3000 and radeon 6950 m that is misdetected as radeon 7400m. I do not play games on this laptop, I do schoolwork, run light programs and MAYBE play a little flash games. I decided to upgrade it to an ssd which is sandisk ssd+ 240 gb SATA 6gbits/s. But the thing takes 5 minutes to boot up which is strange. and it also takes 3 mins to wake from sleep. then i found out people with switchable graphics to have this issue. so decided to disable the radeon chip and it did boot up fast. but Then the intel GPU showed a yellow exclamation point triangle sign and the laptop would freeze about 5 minutes after boot. So then i reinstalled windows 10 and drivers, and decided to use amd catalyst to turn it off. Then once i did that, it turned off the radeon it took 5 minutes to boot. then I tried using intel control panel to force intel graphics. but when i launched intel control center it crashed and deleted itself?(it would not appear in search windows). so how do i turn off the radeon without breaking the laptop?Or is there any workaround that will not use battery fast and boot fast too?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
harshk561199 Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 6
B Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 2
htt Laptop Tech Support 0
Iamkiaei Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
Abdullah Javed Laptop Tech Support 0
Tblender Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1