Issues Connecting To The Internet In Chrome

setari

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
I have an issue with my internet currently that I've been Googling around for several hours about with no luck.

It's one of those Firefox connects to the internet but IE or Chrome does not kind of things. I get a ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error in Chrome and a timeout in IE also. I also can't connect to the internet with Malwarebytes or HitmanPro.

I thought it might be malware, but I've looked at the Tom's Hardware guide and installed ComboFix and ran through that, and it deleted and fixed a bunch of stuff, but no dice for my internet. (I have the log from ComboFix if you guys need it, not sure)

Win7x64 Bit also if that helps any. I've done the /flushDNS and /release /renew in my CMD, I've run a tool that flushes internet stuff that's helped me before a few times, but not now (flushes DNS and some other stuff). I've reset all of my browser's settings, uninstalled all addons/extensions in Firefox and Chrome, and still nothing is happening with Chrome/IE.

Basically I've run through pretty much anything I could find on Google's first page concerning that error and searching "Google Chrome not connecting to internet". Previously it was because I didn't enable some Adobe stuff on startup which fixed it, but it's back to not working a couple days after fixing it.

Chrome/IE also does not work in Safe Mode (with networking).

Edit: Oh, also before this happened, I ran a scan with Avira Antivirus, and I removed 3 bad files and my internet is now like this. It literally happened immediately after I removed those files. (I got home and saw the scan was done and removed the files, then tried to use Chrome and it didn't work.)

Thanks for any help.

AznGOD

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-internet-explorer-proxy-server-settings#1TC=windows-7

uncheck the use proxy checkbox, if it is checked.

changing it in IE should fix it in chrome too.

setari

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Yeah, that stuff's on the first page of Google like ten times. I did that. Checked, rechecked and checked it again to make sure it was unchecked. Hell, I checked it off, checked to see if it worked, unchecked it, checked to see if it worked, and nothing still.