It overheats shuts off with no warning laptop

Solution
Well you are going to have to determine what is over heating. So I would suggest getting a good monitoring program and see what the temps it gives you are. I mean it could be the GPU, the CPU, the battery, where the charger connects to the laptop, a fan going bad. There are way to many variables to know yet. It may even just need to be cleaned out (inside) due to dust and debris.

NOTE: Before opening up anything, be sure you are not under warranty. If you are, opening it up could void that. If it is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer about the repair.
Well you are going to have to determine what is over heating. So I would suggest getting a good monitoring program and see what the temps it gives you are. I mean it could be the GPU, the CPU, the battery, where the charger connects to the laptop, a fan going bad. There are way to many variables to know yet. It may even just need to be cleaned out (inside) due to dust and debris.

NOTE: Before opening up anything, be sure you are not under warranty. If you are, opening it up could void that. If it is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer about the repair.

Solution