Its not allowing me to reset, and I need to keep my files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shentikodo

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
I need to keep my important files, but I cant even get into my computer. I have tried to reset it 7 times but nothing is happening. I need to keep my files, I have nothing to recover it on, I don't have any recovery thing set up. I'm super nervous about everything on my laptop getting deleted. I don't know if this is just windows 10 being buggy or if it was me. I didn't download anything that would harm my computer. I tried to uninstall something, I don't remember what, but when I tried to install it, my computer screen went black and just stayed like that. So I tried restart in it but it won't load to the log in part. What can I do to get back in my computer? Please help me!

Solution

You tried to reset it how? As in reboot or reset as...

Shentikodo

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Shentikodo : "Its not allowing me to reset, and I need to keep my files."

I need to keep my important files, but I cant even get into my computer. I have tried to reset it 7 times but nothing is happening. I need to keep my files, I have nothing to recover it on, I don't have any recovery thing set up. I'm super nervous about everything on my laptop getting deleted. I don't know if this is just windows 10 being buggy or if it was me. I didn't download anything that would harm my computer. I tried to uninstall something, I don't remember what, but when I tried to install it, my computer screen went black and just stayed like that. So I tried restart in it but it won't load to the log in part. What can I do to get back in my computer? Please help me!

You tried to reset it how? As in reboot or reset as in do a factory restore? A factory restore wipes the system and sets it up as new, that includes wiping any old files.

Need system specs, brand/model of parts, etc... What exactly happens when the computer turns on? Need to post the screen it get to, when it gets stuck, what exactly happens when it's stuck, does it just reboot over and over or just sits there, any error messages that come up, all details.

If you never made backups of your files you should be able to remove the hard drive and copy the files into another system using a USB enclosure, assuming your hard drive has not gone bad.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.