iTunes $10,000 Winner Hung Up on Apple's Call

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I went through the same thing when I won a $10,000 Best Buy gift card from ATI.
I got an e-mail saying they just needed my social security number, DL number, full name and address. "Oh that's all you need"
Then I was supposed to fax it to Canada.
I called ATI tech support (only people I could think of). Told the lady I had a strange inquiry. She got her manager who got me in touch with the correct people. 10 minutes more on the phone and then 2 weeks later a courier shows up with a $10,000 gift card. Go figure, people do win that crap that says "just enter your e-mail address"

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]$10,000 iTunes Gift Card? what a joke... I'd sell the card on Ebay for $9K cash.[/citation]

You sir have won the Internet for today.

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
"receive a $10,000 iTunes Gift Card" I can't imagine spending 10k at iTunes. For me this woud be like getting a lifetime supply of toilet paper, there is only so many times I can wipe my a$$.

VGKitov

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Well if it's an iTunes Gift Card isn't it only for music ?

BTW I had (and still have {have, not use} ) and iPod and I hated iTunes.
Personal opinion.

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]elcentral[/nom]hehe i to would haw tough it whose a prank call, we got way to much spam of all kind of bullshit. well hope ovi store do some thing like this would be cool.[/citation]
huh?

G

Hey... all you complainers would take it in a second.

It doesn't have to be music, and it doesn't have to be used with an iAnything (other than iTunes, of course). $10K is a lot of movie rentals, tv season passes, etc... you could drop your cable tv service and just download what you want to watch. $10K would cover about 125 straight days of streaming movies.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]If I won the card I think I would buy my first Mac, hey it's free right? well I'd probably buy the highest end version of each Mac in the store (probably only one Mac then)[/citation]
Good luck downloading that on iTunes. Let me know how that turns out.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]I'm also curious if the winner will have to pay taxes on that card, it's a prize, I don't see why they wouldn't. Not much of a prize if you have to shell out $4-5k to uncle sam![/citation]
more then likely. their tax in the U.K is something around 50% idk what the prize tax is. and they have to pay it to the queen/union jack, not uncle sam

Status
Not open for further replies.