chucklou

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
itunes has taken over all the exe files on my pc, along with the icons on the desktop. what ever I open it opens itunes. can anyone help....apple won't

Solution
Interesting. I've never had that problem. I've got v. 9.0.3.15. What version were you on?

If you feel confident in the registry, you could run regedit, and double check the path files that each effected program is looking at.

aford10

Distinguished
Do you mean it opens .jpegs, mp3, mp4, mpegs...etc?

When you installed itunes, you probably had those extensions default to play in itunes.

Right click on the files, go to the properties, and change the default program.

Or you can right click on the file-->open with-->and choose the program you want-->then check the box to always use that program.

chucklou

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
it's uninstalled as of now, but my wife has a new itouch, and would like to use the itunes on our hp pc. I would like to re-install it, but I know the same thing will happen, ergo I need to find out why it does this and prevent it from happening again..
thanks

chucklou

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
tried that, unchecked everything, problem is nothing happens until it's all installed , then everything changes. there are 3 or 4 others in apple disscusions with the same problem, and no one can help us. i've installed and uninstalled this version ( newest ) and olders vsn, about 5 times with the same results.

aford10

Distinguished
Interesting. I've never had that problem. I've got v. 9.0.3.15. What version were you on?

If you feel confident in the registry, you could run regedit, and double check the path files that each effected program is looking at.

Solution

chucklou

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
too many things to look for, too many mistakes that can be made, and I just found out Itouch can only be put in one pc, can you believe that? since she has access thru a network to this pc, and her music, she can move it that way and use her sony pc, and her itunes there. thanks for the help though

chuck