IVS test

ST

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
79
0
18,580
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

I'd like to test my outgoing IVS connection. Inbound works fine. Can I
send a test clip to somebody here?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:04:47 GMT, ST <tringali@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'd like to test my outgoing IVS connection. Inbound works fine. Can I
>send a test clip to somebody here?

If you have a 5xxx Replay, you can send one to my main Replay
"tesseract", which has the IVS ID 00004-54831-86367

I can send a clip to you (and want to) if I had your IVS ID (note that
it isn't necessary to include the Replay name, but is a good idea
since it allows verification).

--
Mark Lloyd
has a Replay 5xxx
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:28:12 -0600, Mark Lloyd
<mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:04:47 GMT, ST <tringali@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I'd like to test my outgoing IVS connection. Inbound works fine. Can I
>>send a test clip to somebody here?
>
>If you have a 5xxx Replay, you can send one to my main Replay
>"tesseract", which has the IVS ID 00004-54831-86367
>
>I can send a clip to you (and want to) if I had your IVS ID (note that
>it isn't necessary to include the Replay name, but is a good idea
>since it allows verification).

I just now accepted a 422MB 15 minute show called "Aqua Teen
Hungerforce" from a Replay called "Tringali".

I have now received 8MB at approximately 60KBs (480Kbs).


--
Mark Lloyd
has a Replay 5xxx
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:19:40 -0600, Mark Lloyd
<mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:28:12 -0600, Mark Lloyd
><mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:04:47 GMT, ST <tringali@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I'd like to test my outgoing IVS connection. Inbound works fine. Can I
>>>send a test clip to somebody here?
>>
>>If you have a 5xxx Replay, you can send one to my main Replay
>>"tesseract", which has the IVS ID 00004-54831-86367
>>
>>I can send a clip to you (and want to) if I had your IVS ID (note that
>>it isn't necessary to include the Replay name, but is a good idea
>>since it allows verification).
>
>I just now accepted a 422MB 15 minute show called "Aqua Teen
>Hungerforce" from a Replay called "Tringali".
>
>I have now received 8MB at approximately 60KBs (480Kbs).

note that this is a newsgroup, not email.

It stopped about half way through with an "Unable to find show on
remote ReplayTV" message.

This transfer was not sucessful (test failed).

--
Mark Lloyd
has a Replay 5xxx
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
 

ST

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
79
0
18,580
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Mark Lloyd wrote:

> This transfer was not sucessful (test failed).

Thanks for the update. I think I accidentally deleted the show as it
was sending. I guess there's no indication or warning of this! But the
fact that it got this far is as far as I've ever gotten before.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:24:54 GMT, ST <tringali@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Mark Lloyd wrote:
>
>> This transfer was not sucessful (test failed).
>
>Thanks for the update. I think I accidentally deleted the show as it
>was sending. I guess there's no indication or warning of this! But the
>fact that it got this far is as far as I've ever gotten before.

You can try again if you want.

--
Mark Lloyd
has a Replay 5xxx
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:15:24 -0600, Mark Lloyd
<mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:24:54 GMT, ST <tringali@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Mark Lloyd wrote:
>>
>>> This transfer was not sucessful (test failed).
>>
>>Thanks for the update. I think I accidentally deleted the show as it
>>was sending. I guess there's no indication or warning of this! But the
>>fact that it got this far is as far as I've ever gotten before.
>
>You can try again if you want.

I have now received the show "Nightline: Big Bands" and it played
correctly. The 31-minute show was 443MB in size and transferred in
less than 3 hours at about 490Kbps.

--
Mark Lloyd
has a Replay 5xxx
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY