Iwata: Sales Low Due To Boring Games

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
[citation][nom]pozaks[/nom]I was excited about about the new Goldeneye, since 90's-style FPSs are novel and innovative at this point. Then I found out about the cover system, and regenerating health.[/citation]
Yeah, a few mechanics the game would be much better off without. While the lack of regenerating health might make it "too hard" for nooby 12-year-olds, the fact is that it contributed heavily to the game's play. It was NOT a run-and-gun game. You had to be CAREFUL. You weren't a grizzled space marine in a 500lb-suit of armor that made you a walking death tank, you were a secret agent. So if you got injured, that was a constant source of excitement; you literally couldn't afford to be spotted again, so it was more sneaking and headshots. And a death sent you back to the beginning of the mission, which was only a few minutes long anyway.

[citation][nom]Mark Heath[/nom]huh?[/citation]
Tom's is good at getting quotes right. The former quote is inaccurate, according to the interview that was linked.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I wish the generation from the N64 came back! so many cool moments, even seeing glitches while moving the casetes was fun! i miss those times :(
RIP:
Donkey Kong 64
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Banjo 1 and 2
Super man 64?..... no let that one on the burning incinerator :D

doorspawn

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
I'm not buying games due to DRM.

I even bought SoaSE just to support their no DRM stance - I kinda liked it anyway but there's many I'd've bought over it had they not had DRM.

Status
Not open for further replies.