iWatch Entering Mass Production in November (Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
"will sport a flexible AMOLED display with a sapphire coated display cover"

So it will coat a flexible display with a solid and inflexible coating? What's the point?

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012

So it will coat a flexible display with a solid and inflexible coating? What's the point?

The first point is. Gadget bloggers just write anything they can about Apple. Just because they love to write about Apple. Second, if it would be using Samsung's flexible OLED, it would simply be to allow the to bend the display.

The thing that annoys me the most about gadget bloggers is. They post all of these "rumours" created by Apple's PR department, just so Apple won't be forgotten as the last manufacturer in the word not having a smart watch. It's really about time that they cured themselves of this RDF illness.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

They would need a flexible display in order to make the curved screen.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012

They would need a flexible display in order to make the curved screen.

Not really, they'd just need a curved screen, it wouldn't have to flex. Besides, it's clearly written in a way that implies the flexibility plays a part in the device being durable.

Durandul

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
And people said the square faced android watches looked inelegant...
Like ern88 said, I think I'd prefer a watch then some weird health jewelry. That being said, I think if it expands the smartwatch market, why not.

epaciga

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
I don't want a bracelet either, but I also don't think the concept picture is anything close to what an actual product will look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.