Japanese Scientists Create Elastic Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]Six months later in related news: Elastic water causes cancer...[/citation]

in the state of California :D

any way this is an interesting development maybe they can use it to compliment other traditional materials for say... vibration dampening??? if you can make it about as strong as plastic... well don't get your cellphone wet :D

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]Absolutely any research done to replace plastic with something more organic is a step in the right direction![/citation]Agreed!

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Could make for a funny joke.... put a few pounds of this stuff in some ones pool and get them to jump in while you video it for Youtube.

That is if you can just add water to it er add it to water? Also if you can just add it to water this might be great for toxic spill clean ups.

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
[citation][nom]TheDuke[/nom]can i drink it[/citation]
Technically no.

That said, you could probably eat it depending on what the "organic material" is, and how it interacts with the chemical composition of the water.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
UH HELLLOOOOO!!! Like we need another reason to consume MORE water. We're already on our way to a global fresh water shortage. This solves one problem (replacement for plastic) and causes/worsens another (future water shortages). How bout we make everything out of glass? jk, but honestly this won't help much at all.

G

This invention aint news to Bill Cosby... Say it with me now!

J-E-L-L-O

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I wonder what this "organic material" actually is. Just because it's organic doesn't mean it's perfectly safe for humans or the environment.

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
kami3k,

I'm guessing it's CHON. The molecule forms a clear substance that absorbs water like crazy. Looks like jello when full of water. Looks like sand when completely dried out.

ottozero

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Wow... I feel sorry for the guys who created this new type of Plastic... ....They might get assisnated by RIVAL corps. Sucks to be them.

Status
Not open for further replies.